Allergic Reaction to a Kiss Hospitalises Teen

Wednesday 7th July 2010

A teenage girl was hospitalised after having a severe allergic reaction to nuts after kissing her boyfriend who'd had a nutty cereal for breakfast. Laura Kukic, 14, was rushed to hospital for emergency treatment after her face began to swell dramatically and she felt unable to breathe. The teenager is now using her shocking experience to warn others with nut allergies to take greater care

The school-girl, who has been allergic to nuts since the age of 3, explains that the experience has taught her peers to take allergies seriously and not to label her or other people with food allergies as 'drama queens'.


Find Allergy Clinics »


« Other News Topics More Allergy News »