Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) in London & UK
If you are suffering from hair loss then you might want to consider having direct hair implantation (DHI) to replace your lost hair. DHI is a hair replacement technique that does not use a scalpel and thus does not leave any scarring. It is a painless procedure that will increase the quantity of hair on your head. DHI is based on a modern technique that uses a specific DHI Implanter to place individual new follicles into your scalp and therefore does not require any holes to be made in advance. The hair follicles are taken from hair around your body and only spend seconds outside your body so they are taken up by your scalp a lot better than follicles transferred from older techniques. The method of direct transfer means that the procedure is completed quickly and thus reduces your recover time and the amount of post-operative medication that you would require compared to other hair replacement techniques. You will be able to resume work the same day as you have DHI and the results will be permanent with the transferred hair growing naturally for the rest of your life.
Having DHI to increase the quantity of hair on your head could increase your self-esteem and confidence in the long term, but you should be aware that the change in the amount of hair on your scalp will be immediate so it will be obvious that you have had a procedure in order to replace your lost hair. If this is something that might bother you then you should consider using a more gradual technique or being sure that you do not see people immediately after your DIH procedure.
What is Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) ?
Direct hair implantation (DHI) is a new technique used to increase the quantity of hair on your head by transferring hair follicles from other areas of your body onto your scalp. This means that you can remove unwanted hair from around your body at the same time as replacing the hair on your scalp. Your transplant surgeon will give you an initial consultation where you will plan exactly what hair you wish to use as your donor hair follicles and where you wish these to be positioned on your scalp. This planning stage will mean that you can be sure that you will be left with a result that you are happy with both in the removal of unwanted hair around your body (if you have any in particular that you wish to remove) and the final result of the quantity of hair on your head.
Your procedure will be carried out under local anaesthetic so that you will be able to converse with your hair transplantation team throughout the DHI process. This means that you will be able to see the progress of the procedure as it is carried out (which typically takes between four to six hours). The results will be immediately obvious as the hairs will have been implanted straight into the bald area and you will only need a light bandage (if any) when you leave the clinic.
Direct hair implantation (DHI) using a specific DHI implantation device to remove individual hair follicles from a donor area of your body (usually the back and sides of your scalp where you still have good hair growth) and place them directly into your scalp in your balding areas. This means that each follicle will only be outside your body for a few seconds and that the transplanted hair will grow better once on your scalp. You implanted hair will begin to grow after around 6 weeks (once the capillaries have grown around the newly implanted hairs), the results are permanent and the transplanted hair will grow naturally for the rest of your life once the procedure is completed.
- Laser Treatment for Hair Loss in London & UK
- Different Types of Laser Treatment for Hair Loss
- Laser Treatment for Hair Loss Consultation
- Laser Treatment for Hair Loss Procedure
- Laser Treatment for Hair Loss Clinics
- Compare Laser Treatment with Hair Transplants
- Is Laser Treatment for Hair Loss Painful?
- Am I Suitable for Laser Treatment for Hair Loss?
- Cost of Laser Treatment for Hair Loss
- Laser Treatment for Hair Loss Risks, Dangers and Safety
- Laser Treatment for Hair Loss Results
- Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) in London & UK
- Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) Consultation
- Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) Procedure
- Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) Clinics
- Compare Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) and Other Hair Replacement Techniques
- Is Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) Painful?
- Am I Suitable for Direct Hair Implantation (DHI)?
- Cost of Direct Hair Implantation (DHI)
- Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) Risks, Dangers and Safety
- Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) Results
- Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) for Women
- What are Hair Follicles?
- Why do People Go Bald?
- What are Hair Implants?
- Causes of Hair Loss
- Hair Loss Treatment
- Hair Loss Surgery
- Alternatives to Hair Transplants
- Dangers of Hair Transplants
- Hair Transplant Facts
- Finance & Loans for Hair Transplants
- Halo Elite for Hair Loss
- Halo Elite Consultation
- Halo Elite Treatment
- Halo Elite Clinics for Hair Loss
- Compare Halo Elite & Other Hair Replacement Techniques
- Pain with Halo Elite Treatment for Hair Loss
- Am I Suitable for Halo Elite Treatment for Hair Loss?
- Cost of Halo Elite for Hair Loss
- Halo Elite Risks, Dangers & Safety
- Results of Halo Elite for Hair Loss
- Halo Elite for Hair Loss in Women
- HAIR TRANSPLANT INFORMATION
- Natural Looking Hair Transplants
- Hair Transplants for a Receding Hairline
- HAIR TRANSPLANT COSTS & PRICES
- Hair Transplants on the NHS
- Paying for Hair Transplant Surgery
- Traveling Abroad for Hair Transplants
- Hair Transplant Surgeons & Trichologists
- Hair Transplant Appointment Booking
- Hair Transplant Surgery Consultation
- Measuring Baldness in Hair Transplant Surgery
- Hair Grafts in Hair Transplant Surgery
- Pain in Hair Transplant Surgery
- Scabs from Hair Transplants
- Scars from Hair Transplants
- Hair Transplant Surgery Risks & Side Effects
- Hair Transplant Aftercare & Recovery
- How Long Do Hair Transplants Last?
- Strip Harvesting in Hair Transplant Surgery
- EYEBROW & EYELASH HAIR REPLACEMENTS
- MICROGRAFTING FOR HAIR LOSS
- FOLLICULAR UNIT EXTRACTION / FOLLICULAR TRANSFER
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) Procedure
- FUE Cost
- Micrografting Hair Transplants & FUE Comparison
- FEMALE HAIR LOSS & BALDING
- HAIR TRANSPLANTS FOR MEN
- Hair Transplants for Beard Hair
- HAIR TRANSPLANTS TO AVOID
- NON-SURGICAL TREATMENTS FOR HAIR LOSS
- Hair Loss Medications
- Finasteride for Hair Loss
- Minoxidil for Hair Loss
- LOW-LEVEL LASER TREATMENTS (LLLT) FOR HAIR LOSS
- HAIR SYSTEMS FOR HAIR LOSS (WIGS, HAIR PIECES & TOUPEES)
- FURTHER INFORMATION
- Colonic Irrigation
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Dental Treatments
- Fertility Treatment
- Hair Transplants
- Harley Street
- Hearing Aids
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Laser Hair Removal
- Medical Centres & GPs
- Private Blood Tests
- Private Health Insurance
- Sleep Disorders
- Smoking & E-Cigarettes
- Sports Medicine
- STD's & STI's
(Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Tattoo Removal
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Glossary A-Z
SELECT A LOCATION