Which Hair Removal Solutions can be done at Home?
Hair removal is an essential part of life for most men and women but the solutions offered in clinics and salons, such as laser hair removal or waxing, can be expensive and time consuming. Fortunately, there now exists a great variety of hair removal products which can be used at home that will provide good short-term results.
One method which is quite effective is plucking the hair out with tweezers. As the hair is pulled out individually however, this really is only suitable for stray hairs as to do larger areas would be very time consuming.
Arguably the most popular form of hair removal for men is shaving, and it continues to be a common short term fix for many women as well. This is a convenient solution as it is quick and easy, reasonably cheap and generally pain-free (aside from the occasional shaving cut). Hair doesn’t need to be left to grow for too long before shaving but the downside of this is that the results are not particularly long lasting. Depending on the body’s hair growth pattern, hair should return within 3 days and for some people this can be as little as 24 hours. In addition, skin can sometimes be left feeling bumpy or with a shaving rash.
Another common home hair removal method is the use of depilatory creams. Once again, this is a fairly quick process. The cream is applied and the chemicals it contains breaks down the hair follicle. After 5 minutes it is ready to be rinsed off to reveal the hair removal. As with shaving, depilatory creams only attack the hair at the surface, rather than the root, meaning that the results are short-lived and the process will need to be repeated frequently in order to maintain hairless skin.
Using an epilator should provide longer lasting hair removal. This device literally pulls the hair from the root, rather than the surface, and delivers results of hairless skin for around 2-4 weeks. The downside of an epilator however, is that it can be quite painful and therefore sometimes difficult to carry out the procedure by yourself.
Finally, while it is arguably more common to visit a salon for this treatment, it is worth remembering that home waxing kits are also widely available. Just like an epilator, waxing attacks the hair root thereby guaranteeing longer lasting results of up to 8 weeks. Skin is often left feeling smoother than after shaving and in addition, further hair growth is often much more fine and sparse. Once again, however, this solution can be quite painful and as a result many people find it easier to have it carried out by a professional.
- BODY AREAS FOR LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- Face Laser Hair Removal (inc forehead)
- Chin Laser Hair Removal
- Neck Laser Hair Removal
- Arms Laser Hair Removal
- Bikini Laser Hair Removal
- Legs Laser Hair Removal
- Nipple Laser Hair Removal
- Shoulders Laser Hair Removal
- Underarms Laser Hair Removal
- Back Laser Hair Removal
- Stomach Laser Hair Removal
- Breasts Laser Hair Removal
- Mens Chest Laser Hair Removal
- Side Effects & Risks with Laser Hair Removal
- Discomfort & Pain with Laser Hair Removal
- Scarring with Laser Hair Removal
- Safety of Laser Hair Removal
- Legal Requirements for Carrying Out Laser Hair Removal
- Contraindications for Laser Hair Removal
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) Hair Removal
- How does IPL Hair Removal Work?
- Cost of IPL Hair Removal
- History and Background of IPL
- Why Choose IPL Hair Removal?
- Alternatives to IPL Hair Removal
- When is IPL Hair Removal Most Effective?
- IPL Hair Removal Session
- How Many IPL Sessions Will I Need?
- Suitability for IPL Hair Removal
- Risks, Complications, and Side Effects of IPL
- Is IPL Hair Removal Permanent?
- Is IPL Hair Removal Painful?
- Who Performs IPL Hair Removal?
- IPL & PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
- IPL at Home
- Laser Hair Removal Before & After
LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- LASER HAIR REMOVAL INFORMATION
- Is Laser Hair Removal Permanent?
- Causes of Hair Re-growth After Laser Hair Removal Treatment
- Long Term Effects of Laser Hair Removal
- Repeat Sessions for Laser Hair Removal
- COST OF LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- Number of Laser Hair Removal Treatments Required
- Consultation for Laser Hair Removal
- Patch Tests for Laser Hair Removal
- Preparing for Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Hair Removal Procedure
- Removing Hair in-between Laser Hair Removal Treatments
- Laser Hair Removal of White/Blond Hair
- TYPES OF LASERS
- Types of Laser Hair Removal Machines
- Latest Developments & Research in Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Hair Removal Manufacturers
- Laser Hair Removal at Home
- Guide to Waxing Hair
- Shaving Unwanted Hair
- FURTHER INFORMATION
- Colonic Irrigation
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Dental Treatments
- Fertility Treatment
- Hair Transplants
- Harley Street
- Hearing Aids
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Laser Hair Removal
- Medical Centres & GPs
- Private Blood Tests
- Private Health Insurance
- Sleep Disorders
- Smoking & E-Cigarettes
- Sports Medicine
- STD's & STI's
(Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Tattoo Removal
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Glossary A-Z