Vasectomy Reversal Surgeons - Questions to ask
As with any surgeon you need to feel that you can trust them completely and that you are confident in their abilities. If you are intending to find a private practice surgeon to perform the surgery, you need to make sure that they are well qualified and do the research yourself, whereas the NHS will ensure that all surgeons are accredited and qualified from the start of their employment. Some of these questions you may wish to ask an NHS surgeon anyway, to put your mind at ease.
- Are you a fully accredited surgeon and how long have you been so?
- How many years experience do you have with microsurgery?
- How many vasectomy reversals have you performed in the past?
- Have you ever been accused of professional misconduct?
- What is your rate of complications in vasectomy reversal surgery?
- What is your rate of effectiveness in vasectomy reversal surgery?
- What safety procedures are put in place to reduce risk?
- Who will be in the room during the vasectomy reversal?
- What surgical technique will I need?
- How much will the vasectomy reversal cost in full?
- What does the cost quoted include, for example, aftercare? medication? support bandages?
- Can I speak to patients who have undergone vasectomy reversal with you?
- How many of your previous clients have suffered from PVPS?
As with any surgeon, they should not be putting any pressure on you to undergo an operation or for you to decide on a surgeon quickly. It is also essential that a surgeon outlines the risks to you, if they do not, you may want to continue looking as they may be wishing to portray the operation in an overly optimistic light, for their own financial gain.
A number of surgeons will hold professional information on their experiences such as rates of success, photos of after the operation to show possible scarring and documents to show their credibility as a professional accredited surgeon. It may be helpful when choosing a surgeon to remember that a lot of people prefer to go with the more experienced surgeon but this does not always mean that they are better.
- VASECTOMY REVERSAL (VASOVASOSTOMY) INFORMATION
- Reasons for a Vasectomy Reversal
- Post Vasectomy Pain Syndrome
- Consultation for Vasectomy Reversal
- Vasectomy Reversal Surgeon - Questions to ask
- Preparing for Vasectomy Reversal
- Vasectomy Reversal Procedure
- COST OF A VASECTOMY REVERSAL
- Recovery from a Vasectomy Reversal
- Risks of a Vasectomy Reversal
- Vasectomy Reversal Success Rate
- FURTHER INFORMATION
- Colonic Irrigation
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Dental Treatments
- Fertility Treatment
- Hair Transplants
- Harley Street
- Hearing Aids
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Laser Hair Removal
- Medical Centres & GPs
- Private Blood Tests
- Private Health Insurance
- Sleep Disorders
- Smoking & E-Cigarettes
- Sports Medicine
- STD's & STI's
(Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Tattoo Removal
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Glossary A-Z