Access to Health and Medical Information on the Internet
- A Tribute to Dr David Rayne -
After 17 years as a general practitioner in North Yorkshire, Dr Rayne left the health service to pursue his interests in the Internet and E-Health.
He first became involved with electronic communications running an on-line journal club for UK doctors on CompuServe in 1993, before joining the fledgling Microsoft Network team to manage their UK health forum in 1995.
Dr Raynes Internet experience included:
- Creating and maintaining the UK's first, and most comprehensive health and medical portal site – UK Health Centre
- Commercial website creation and maintenance.
- Co-founder, and first secretary of the British Healthcare Internet Association
- Editor of the online journal 'Health Informatics Europe', an official publication of the European Federation for Medical Informatics (EFMI) and recognised by the British Computer Society.
- Website review coordinator for Medix.
All content on this site is reviewed by the editorial team before it is published. Where information on medical conditions and treatments is provided, the quality of the information is assured by the editorial process however, the website services and information do not constitute any form of advice and should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice. Professional advice should be sought if you suspect that you have a health or medical problem that requires attention or for other advice, products/services.
- Colonic Irrigation
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Dental Treatments
- Fertility Treatment
- Hair Transplants
- Harley Street
- Hearing Aids
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Laser Hair Removal
- Medical Centres & GPs
- Private Blood Tests
- Private Health Insurance
- Sleep Disorders
- Smoking & E-Cigarettes
- Sports Medicine
- STD's & STI's
(Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Tattoo Removal
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Glossary A-Z