Regional Fertility Centre, Belfast
There are various types of fertility treatments and the contact telephone number and address for Regional Fertility Centre, Belfast, can be found below.
If you would like to find out if you are suitable for fertility treatment or information about a particular procedure or treatment, please complete the form on the right hand side, and an advisor will contact you.
Regional Fertility Centre, Belfast
Regional Fertility Centre, Belfast
Royal Maternity Hospital
Tel: 02890 635 888
Clinic details: Northern Ireland's capital city, Belfast is the 15th largest city within the UK and remains one of the most vibrant and industrious cities in such areas as industry, law, the arts, and business. Serviced by two airports, Belfast International and George Best Belfast City Airport, the city is easy to access despite its island location. The Regional Fertility Centre is an important part of the family and maternity services offered out of the Royal Jubilee Hospital, part of a network of hospitals run by the Belfast NHS Trust responsible for administering quality care to a large population around Belfast as well. One NHS funded cycle of treatment is provided to those who suffer from medical infertility and who are under the age of 40, with up to but n more than three previous but unsuccessful treatments. IVF (in vitro fertilisation) is an important part of what the RFC offers, and is a staple of many fertility clinics across the country because of its effectiveness and established safety for both baby and mother. The treatment is provided as one of a number of different options, which also include artificial insemination and ICSI. While ICSI (intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection) is essentially a variant of IVF involving the direct injection of sperm into an egg, artificial insemination is a different approach that simply revolves around placing a sperm sample from either a donor or a partner into the uterus for fertilisation. Donors are recruited by the centre and donated eggs, embryos, and sperm, are all offered where a couple can benefit from their use. Surgical sperm extraction is offered as well as a partial surrogacy service, giving couples a broader range of options when it comes to more unusual causes of infertility. You can expect a superb level of support at the hospital, which is dedicated to maternity care, and so features an excellent and expert counselling service that aims to provide you with the best patient care both physically and emotionally.
Fertility treatment at this clinic: The RFC Regional Fertility Centre is the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust's infertility treatment branch, and is responsible for conducting full and comprehensive investigations into female and male infertility to make informed and considered decisions about the best treatments for individual cases. The RFC holds an HFEA license, and has achieved success rates and single birth rates in line with national averages and HFEA targets The RFC receives referrals from both general practitioners and specialist hospital consultants, and tends to a large community in and around Belfast, one of the busier Irish cities. Housed in the Royal Jubilee Maternity Service, the RFC is open weekdays and Sundays to allow patients easy access to appointments in and around busy schedules. Infertility treatments are provided as a women's health provision and as such the RFC is run alongside gynaecological, community, maternity, and sexual services of the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust. The Royal Jubilee Maternity Service itself is in fact part of a network of four hospitals that form the trust, a network which is designed to be easily accessible for as many as two thirds of the population of Northern Ireland within its large 70 acre location outside of the centre of Belfast.
Services offered at this clinic: In vitro fertilisation (IVF), surgical sperm recovery (testicular), intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), intrauterine insemination (IUI), self-funded and NHS patients both treated, donors recruited (sperm, eggs, embryos), induction of ovulation, counselling services, partial surrogacy, sperm assessment, and translator services
- Egg Donation
- How are Eggs Donated?
- Sperm Donation
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Donor Sperm
- Becoming a Sperm Donor
- Donor Embryos
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Donor Embryo Transfer
- How to Donate Embryos
- Importing Sperm, Eggs, and Embryos
- Freezing and Storing Eggs
- Freezing and Storing Sperm
- Freezing & Storing Embryos
- How do I Know if I’m Pregnant?
- Pregnancy: What Happens and How
- The First Trimester
- The Second Trimester
- The Third Trimester
- The End of a Pregnancy and Delivering a New-born
- FERTILITY TREATMENT INFORMATION
- Infertility and its Causes
- What Causes Infertility in Women?
- What Causes Infertility in Men?
- Effect of Smoking on Fertility and Pregnancy
- Fertility and Weight
- Fertility and Diet
- Fertility and Stress
- Fertility and Diabetes
- Toxins and their Effects on Fertility
- Fertility and Eating Disorders
- INFERTILITY OPTIONS
- Fertility Treatment for Same Sex Couples
- Single Mothers Having a Baby
- Infertility Treatments on the NHS
- Assisted Conception on the NHS
- NHS Funding Eligibility in England, Wales, Scotland & Northern Ireland
- Private Infertility Treatment
- Can I Prevent Infertility?
- Specialist Treatment for Infertility
- Choosing a Fertility Clinic
- In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF)
- Reasons for Having IVF
- IVF for Same Sex Couples
- IVF for Single Mothers
- Support and IVF
- IVF Procedure â€“ How is IVF done?
- Is IVF available on the NHS?
- Paying for IVF Privately
- Having IVF Abroad through Medical Tourism
- Success Rates of IVF
- IVF Side Effects & Risks
- IVF and Hyperstimulation Syndrome
- IVF and Ectopic Pregnancies
- IVF and Multiple Births
- IVF and Miscarriage
- Effects of IVF on the Baby
- Ethical Objections to IVF
- ICSI as a Fertility Treatment
- Is ICSI for Me?
- How is ICSI Performed?
- How Successful is ICSI?
- Advantages and Disadvantages of ICSI?
- What is IMSI (Intra-Cytoplasmic Morphologically Selected Sperm Injection)?
- What is PICSI?
- What is Metabolomics?
- Alternatives to IVF
- History and Development of IVF and ICSI
- Fertility Drugs: What Do They Do and Are They For Me?
- Female Fertility Drugs
- Male Fertility Drugs
- What is Artificial Insemination?
- Intra-Cervical Insemination
- Is Intra-Cervical Insemination for me?
- Intrauterine Insemination
- Is Intra-Uterine Insemination For Me?
- Alternatives to Intra-Uterine Insemination
- FURTHER INFORMATION
- Colonic Irrigation
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Dental Treatments
- Fertility Treatment
- Hair Transplants
- Harley Street
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Laser Hair Removal
- Medical Centres & GPs
- Private Blood Tests
- Private Health Insurance
- Sleep Disorders
- Sports Medicine
- STD's & STI's
(Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Tattoo Removal
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Glossary A-Z