Do Hot Drinks Help you Sleep?
Some hot drinks are thought to help ease you into sleep, and increasing herbal remedies are to be found in a hot drink form. Obviously, caffeinated hot drinks are best to be avoided before sleeping.
Chamomile tea is thought to be a great soothing drink, and if you drink this before you go to sleep it may help the sleeping process. It is a mild sedative, which will help aid you to sooth your mind and relax. Other herbal forms that also carry these symptoms are peppermint, St. John’s Wort and Lavender.
There are also other forms of hot drinks, coco, hot chocolate, Horlicks etc, that are thought to help you sleep. It is recommended that you avoid pure chocolate drinks as these are stimulants and you also check the label for any caffeine within the product.
Read more in the Sleep Disorders & Sleep Problems Information Guide
- Types of Insomnia
- Symptoms of Insomnia
- Effects of Insomnia
- Living & Coping with Insomnia
- Treatment for Insomnia
- Medications for Insomnia
- Types of Sleep Apnoea
- Treatment for Restless Legs Syndrome
- Medication for Restless Legs Syndrome
- Effects of Narcolepsy
- Symptoms of Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome
- Nightmares & Night Terrors
- Sleep Walking
- Sleep Talking
- Sleep Disorders & Sleep Problems in Children
- Natural Aids to Help you Sleep
- SLEEP DISORDERS & PROBLEMS INFORMATION
- SLEEP CONTENTS A-Z
- Importance of Sleep
- A Healthy Night’s Sleep
- Factors Affecting Sleeping Patterns
- Sleep Apnoea
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome
- Other Sleep Related Problems
- Sleep Disorders, Who Suffers?
- Diagnosing Sleep Disorders
- FURTHER INFORMATION
SELECT A LOCATION