Cost of Varicose Vein Treatment
If you are not eligible for varicose vein treatment on the NHS, you can pay to have them treated privately. The cost of this varies depending on the severity and position of your varicose veins, the treatment that you chose, and the person who treats you.
Cost of Surgery for Varicose Veins
The cost of surgery is always high, as it requires anaesthetic, a team of people, and careful monitoring. The average cost of surgical treatment for varicose veins in the UK is usually around £2250. This is for someone with moderate varicose veins and a simple medical history. If you have a complicated medical history, the cost may be higher due to the extra attention that you will require. When getting a quote for surgical varicose vein removal you should make sure that you are fully aware of what treatment involves and what you are paying for. Additional costs to watch out for include:
- The cost of anaesthetic
- Travel costs if you are not at a local clinic
- Cost of hospital stay if required
- Loss of earnings during the operation and recovery
- Cost of compression stockings and bandages
- Cost of aftercare appointments
- Cost of further treatments if not all of your varicose veins are removed
Some clinics will include most of these costs in with their price but you should always confirm this to avoid unexpected costs.
Cost of Laser Therapy for Varicose Vein Removal
Laser therapy is normally slightly cheaper than surgery as it is less complicated, requires less recovery time, and is done using a local anaesthetic. Prices are usually around £2000 per treatment, however if you have severe varicose veins several treatments may be required. To get an accurate cost for your whole treatment you should speak to a few specialists and ask how many treatments you are likely to need and what they would charge you for this.
Cost of Chemical Injections to Remove Varicose Veins
Chemical injections are one of the cheapest treatments for varicose veins. This reflects the fact that it is a quick procedure, which does not require a hospital stay. Although the recovery period can last for several weeks, you will not require hospitalisation to overcome anaesthetic, as it is local. Scleotherapy begins at around £200 per treatment, but several treatments may be required to give you the results that you expect. You should make sure that you have a rough idea of how many treatments you will require before undergoing the first one.
Varicose Vein Treatment Abroad
As with most private treatments, varicose vein treatment can be found much cheaper abroad. This can save you up to 75% but you should be aware of the risks involved. If you are treated abroad, the conditions may not be as good as those in the UK. This could give you a greater risk of infection. You should make sure that you go to a country with high medical standards and that the surgeon that you visit has a good reputation and plenty of experience.
- VARICOSE VEIN REMOVAL
- What Are Varicose Veins?
- Who Gets Varicose Veins?
- Where Can You Get Varicose Veins?
- Varicose Veins as Varicoceles
- Varicose Veins as Haemorrhoids or Piles
- What Causes Varicose Veins?
- Effects of Varicose Veins on Your Life Style
- Varicose Veins and Pregnancy
- Symptoms of Varicose Veins
- Are Varicose Veins Painful?
- Not Treating Varicose Veins
- Are Varicose Veins Dangerous?
- Diagnosis of Varicose Veins
- Problems Related to Varicose Veins
- Complications of Varicose Veins
- Varicose Eczema
- Varicose Ulcers
- Blood Clots, Deep Vein Thrombosis, and Varicose Veins
- When to Treat Varicose Veins
- Treatment of Varicose Veins
- Choosing a Treatment for Varicose Veins
- NHS Treatment of Varicose Veins
- Cost of Varicose Vein Treatment
- Finding a Private Surgery to Treat Varicose Veins
- Compression Stockings and Socks for Varicose Veins
- Surgery for Varicose Veins
- Injections for Varicose Veins (Sclerotherapy)
- Laser Treatment for Varicose Veins
- Radiofrequency Ablation for Varicose Veins
- FURTHER INFORMATION
- COSMETIC TREATMENTS INFORMATION GUIDE
- Acne Treatment
- Botox for Hyperhidrosis
- Botulinum Toxin (Botox)
- Cellulite Treatment
- Chemical Peels
- Cyst Removal
- Dermal Fillers
- Derma Roller
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Omnilux Light Therapy
- Rosacea Treatment
- Scar Treatment
- Skin Tag Removal
- Skin Pigmentation
- Stretch Marks
- Thread Vein Removal
- Varicose Veins Removal
- Wart Removal
- COSMETIC SURGERY INFORMATION GUIDE
SELECT A LOCATION