Where should I seek advice for an allergy?

The best place to start is with your GP. By discussing your symptoms, your GP can get a better idea of what might be the allergen responsible for your allergic reactions. It will then be possible to design a treatment strategy for your allergy. This could possibly involve seeing a specialist for a range of allergy tests, changing the way you eat, or tailoring your lifestyle to eliminate any excess exposure to possible allergens (i.e. if you have an allergic reaction after eating strawberries, don’t eat them anymore!) 

The Internet is also a good place to research your symptoms and find out more about allergies in general. There are no end of websites dedicated to helping you navigate your way through the wide variety of allergies, symptoms and treatments.

There are private allergy clinics and allergists throughout the UK, who can help you understand and live with your allergy.