Laser Skin Resurfacing Alternatives
If you are looking to improve your skins health using a cosmetic procedure, but are unsure whether laser skin resurfacing is the right decision for you, there are other options that work to create a similar effect. It might be that your skin is not suitable for laser skin resurfacing, or that you have suffered from health problems that make the process inappropriate for you. Your practitioner will be able to discuss your other options for skin resurfacing, and help you decide which is the best for you.
- Microdermabrasion. Microdermabrasion has been used for many years to remove the top-most layer of your skin, blasting it with very small, treated crystals. The procedure is very popular, and although your skin will be a bit sore afterwards, is not a very painful procedure. Microdermabrasion stimulates collagen development, and motivates your skin to grow in a healthier fashion to previous.
- Creams. There are many different creams available on the high street to help people combat wrinkles, scarring and to promote healthier skin. These are usually more effective for the initial signs of aging, such as very small wrinkles and fine lines, and have been known to work with some effect.
- Chemical skin peel. A chemical skin peel works in a similar way to microdermabrasion, however it uses chemicals to remove the skin rather than brushing or blasting it off. Chemical peels are often used to combat scarring or to promote a healthier level of skin.
- Surgical face lift. If you have a real problem with deep wrinkles or sagging skin, then a surgical face lift might be a more appropriate solution for you, with more noticeable results. You will need to have a consultation with a plastic surgeon to ensure that this treatment is relevant for you.
Laser skin resurfacing is gaining in popularity, however it is not the ideal solution for everyone. It is important to bear in mind that there are alternatives, and other options available that might be more appropriate, or might glean better results for you.
LASER SKIN RESURFACING INFORMATION
- LASER SKIN RESURFACING IN THE UK
- Reasons for having Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Laser Skin Resurfacing for Different Skin Types
- Laser Skin Resurfacing Contraindications
- Laser Skin Resurfacing Consultation
- Laser Skin Resurfacing Practitioners
- Laser Skin Resurfacing Machines
- Laser Skin Resurfacing Preparation
- Laser Skin Resurfacing Procedure
- Laser Skin Resurfacing Aftercare at Home
- Laser Skin Resurfacing Risks
- Laser Skin Resurfacing Results
- Laser Skin Resurfacing Cost
- Further Information
UK HEALTH CENTRES
- Colonic Irrigation
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Dental Treatments
- Fertility Treatment
- Hair Transplants
- Harley Street
- Hearing Aids
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Laser Hair Removal
- Medical Centres & GPs
- Private Blood Tests
- Private Health Insurance
- Sleep Disorders
- Smoking & E-Cigarettes
- Sports Medicine
- STD's & STI's
(Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Tattoo Removal
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Glossary A-Z
- Latest UK Health News
SELECT A LOCATION