Laser Skin Resurfacing Consultation
Before you undergo a laser skin resurfacing procedure it is very important that you have a consultation with your practitioner. This session will allow you to voice any concerns that you might have about the treatment and so that your practitioner can make sure that laser skin resurfacing is the best treatment for your condition. It is possible that an alternative treatment will target your problem or blemish better, and allow a better result.
During you consultation your practitioner will ask about your previous medical history and it is important that you are honest about this. Your doctor will need to know:
- Any allergies that you suffer from or have previously suffered from.
- If you have previously experienced keloid or abnormal scarring.
- If you are on any medications especially Acutane, heart medication and aspirin.
- If you suffer from any serious health problem.
- If you have had any other skin treatments within the last two years.
- If you smoke or drink regularly.
It is important that you also ask questions to ensure that you know exactly what you will experience and what to expect. It would be a good idea to:
- Check your practitioners’ qualifications.
- Visit the room where the procedure will take place.
- Ask about preparations that you will need to take and any drugs or herbal remedies that you ought to avoid.
- Discuss in depth exactly what you expect from the procedure.
- Find out all about the side effects and risks of the treatment and how best to avoid them.
- Discuss the cost of the treatment and any aftercare that might be necessary.
By doing this you can feel more confident about undergoing the procedure and can provide the best circumstances for your skin to heal well. It is possible that your expectations of the treatment are unrealistic, so your practitioner will be able to advise you on this, and possibly suggest an alternative treatment.
If, during your consultation, you become concerned about the experience of your practitioner or are wary of the equipment being used then it is best to follow your instincts and look for another place to undergo the treatment.
LASER SKIN RESURFACING INFORMATION
- LASER SKIN RESURFACING IN THE UK
- Reasons for having Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Laser Skin Resurfacing for Different Skin Types
- Laser Skin Resurfacing Contraindications
- Laser Skin Resurfacing Consultation
- Laser Skin Resurfacing Practitioners
- Laser Skin Resurfacing Machines
- Laser Skin Resurfacing Preparation
- Laser Skin Resurfacing Procedure
- Laser Skin Resurfacing Aftercare at Home
- Laser Skin Resurfacing Risks
- Laser Skin Resurfacing Results
- Laser Skin Resurfacing Cost
- Further Information
UK HEALTH CENTRES
- Colonic Irrigation
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Dental Treatments
- Fertility Treatment
- Hair Transplants
- Harley Street
- Hearing Aids
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Laser Hair Removal
- Medical Centres & GPs
- Private Blood Tests
- Private Health Insurance
- Sleep Disorders
- Smoking & E-Cigarettes
- Sports Medicine
- STD's & STI's
(Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Tattoo Removal
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Glossary A-Z
- Latest UK Health News
SELECT A LOCATION