Is Intra-Cervical Insemination for me?
Intra-Cervical Insemination (ICI) is an extremely popular and cost effective fertility method which can be a solution to your fertility problems. That being said, ICI is only really an effective treatment if you and your fertility issues meet certain criteria, and so this article discusses where ICI is suitable, and where it isn’t the best option.
What is ICI?
ICI is a method of artificial insemination which takes sperm and places it within a woman’s reproductive anatomy to give it a chance to access an egg, fertilise it, and become a growing embryo. The technique makes use of a raw sperm sample, which means that it is untreated and inserted as it is within semen into the cervix.
Is ICI for me?
ICI is an immensely useful technique for same sex couples and single mothers who want to get pregnant, and provided they are fertile is extremely effective at a relatively minimal cost when compared to other fertility treatments. In these instances donor sperm is available from a sperm bank, and the sample is used for the procedure as it would normally be done.
ICI is also a good choice for many couples where the male partner is facing difficulty in ejaculating during intercourse (usually because of impotence or premature ejaculation), provided that the woman involved is ovulating regularly either naturally or as a consequence of a fertility drug.
Finally ICI is an effective method of inseminating a surrogate mother who has no fertility issues. This remains a topic of considerable legal, ethical, and religious debate both here in the UK and in the wider world, but as far as procedures by which fertilisation can achieve are concerned, ICI is effective to this end.
- What is Artificial Insemination?
- Intra-Cervical Insemination
- Is Intra-Cervical Insemination for me?
- Intrauterine Insemination
- Is Intra-Uterine Insemination For Me?
- Alternatives to Intra-Uterine Insemination
- Egg Donation
- How are Eggs Donated?
- Sperm Donation
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Donor Sperm
- Becoming a Sperm Donor
- Donor Embryos
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Donor Embryo Transfer
- How to Donate Embryos
- Importing Sperm, Eggs, and Embryos
- Freezing and Storing Eggs
- Freezing and Storing Sperm
- Freezing & Storing Embryos
- How do I Know if I’m Pregnant?
- Pregnancy: What Happens and How
- The First Trimester
- The Second Trimester
- The Third Trimester
- The End of a Pregnancy and Delivering a New-born
- FERTILITY TREATMENT IN THE UK
- Infertility and its Causes
- What Causes Infertility in Women?
- What Causes Infertility in Men?
- Effect of Smoking on Fertility and Pregnancy
- Fertility and Weight
- Fertility and Diet
- Fertility and Stress
- Fertility and Diabetes
- Toxins and their Effects on Fertility
- Fertility and Eating Disorders
- INFERTILITY OPTIONS
- Fertility Treatment for Same Sex Couples
- Single Mothers Having a Baby
- Infertility Treatments on the NHS
- Assisted Conception on the NHS
- NHS Funding Eligibility in England, Wales, Scotland & Northern Ireland
- Private Infertility Treatment
- Can I Prevent Infertility?
- Specialist Treatment for Infertility
- Choosing a Fertility Clinic
- In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF)
- Reasons for Having IVF
- IVF for Same Sex Couples
- IVF for Single Mothers
- Support and IVF
- How is IVF done?
- Is IVF available on the NHS?
- Paying for IVF Privately
- Having IVF Abroad through Medical Tourism
- Success Rates of IVF
- IVF Side Effects & Risks
- IVF and Hyperstimulation Syndrome
- IVF and Ectopic Pregnancies
- IVF and Multiple Births
- IVF and Miscarriage
- Effects of IVF on the Baby
- Ethical Objections to IVF
- ICSI as a Fertility Treatment
- Is ICSI for Me?
- How is ICSI Performed?
- How Successful is ICSI?
- Advantages and Disadvantages of ICSI?
- What is IMSI (Intra-Cytoplasmic Morphologically Selected Sperm Injection)?
- What is PICSI?
- What is Metabolomics?
- Alternatives to IVF
- History and Development of IVF and ICSI
- Fertility Drugs: What Do They Do and Are They For Me?
- Female Fertility Drugs
- Male Fertility Drugs
- Further Information
UK HEALTH CENTRES
- Colonic Irrigation
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Dental Treatments
- Fertility Treatment
- Hair Transplants
- Harley Street
- Hearing Aids
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Laser Hair Removal
- Medical Centres & GPs
- Private Blood Tests
- Private Health Insurance
- Sleep Disorders
- Smoking & E-Cigarettes
- Sports Medicine
- STD's & STI's
(Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Tattoo Removal
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Glossary A-Z
- Latest UK Health News
SELECT A LOCATION