How to Choose Private Health Insurance?
There are an increasing amount of types of private health insurance schemes, policies and packages on the market and so choosing one that is right for you may seem bewildering or overwhelming at first. If you break it down into steps and know exactly what you want you can immediately dismiss certain types of cover and narrow your search to receive only quotes that are relevant to you. Although it may be tempting to get quotes from every company that is offering health insurance, if they aren’t actually offering the cover you need you may be wasting your time and end up feeling more confused. You need to carefully assess what the decision comes down to for you, as while cost is usually a factor for everyone there may be some aspects which are not important to everyone and your decision needs to be based on your personal needs.
Knowing What Type of Health Insurance You Need
If you look at the options first you can work out what cover you actually need. Think about why you are considering private health insurance in the first place and this can help you identify your personal objectives. For example if you are taking out private health insurance because you want to avoid NHS waiting lists make sure that you are looking at policies that guarantee you treatment within a certain period of time. There are other questions to ask yourself, such as do you just want private health insurance or do you want critical illness life cover? Are there specific illnesses or treatments you want to be covered for? If so, make a list of these before getting quotes so that you can check with the companies. Do you want a policy just to cover you, or do you want your family to receive private healthcare? Some policies include children for free so you may want to consider this. You should ask yourself what kind of service you want to receive, for example is it necessary for you to have a private room with a television, and is there a particular clinic or facility you would want to be treated at in the event of using the insurance? Once you have worked out what is absolutely essential for you, you can start looking for quotes.
You may also wish to consider anything you will need to disclose to the insurer, for example working out the dates of any serious illnesses or medical procedures you have had. This will save you panicking if you are getting your quote over the phone.
Getting the price quoted is not the only thing to consider when choosing a policy – the most important thing is what the policy contains. The insurance company many be able to send you some information on their policy, or more likely this information will be published on their website. Always be careful to check out the full policy before buying, this includes fully understanding any wording you may be unsure of and reading any documents you are provided with. Often it is difficult to understand a policy and many are written in jargon that can be confusing or misleading. It is important that if you come across any words which you do not understand (either because of their medical specificity or because they are vague terms) you ask for it to be broken down in terms that are clearer and more concise. Any company should be able to fully explain their terms and conditions to you.
There is help available for selecting a private health insurance policy from experts who are trained in this area. Seeking advice is wise when there is so much on offer and so many choices to be made. When seeking advice do make sure it is impartial and that your advisor does not recommend any particular product or provider. They should help you realise what you want so that you can make an informed decision.
Once you are sure what you want you can go about getting a quote.
- How Do I Get a Private Health Insurance Quote?
- Advantages of Private Health Insurance
- Disadvantages of Private Health Insurance
- I Cant Afford Private Health Insurance?
- Information Given to Private Health Insurance Companies
- Ant Income Protection Insurance
- Asda Money Life Insurance
- Asssa Expats Health Insurance
- Aviva Health UK Private Health Insurance
- AXA PPP Healthcare Private Health Insurance
- Best Doctors Services
- BHSF Cancer Cover
- Boots Dental Insurance
- British Money Income Protection Insurance
- British Seniors Life Insurance
- Bupa By You Health Insurance
- Bupa Global International Health Insurance
- Bupa on Demand
- Castle Cover Over 50’s Life Plan
- Cigna Expat Medical Insurance
- Co-operative Pre-paid Funeral Plans
- C S Healthcare Health Insurance
- Dencover Dental Insurance
- Denplan Private Dental Plan
- DG Mutual Sick Pay Insurance
- Dignity Funeral Plans
- Flexibility with the AA
- ACE Helping Hand
- Helping Hand Cancer Care Insurance
- Aetna International Health Insurance
- Age UK Travel Insurance
- AIG Direct All Kinds of Cancer Cover
- ALC Global Cover Plans
- AllClear Travel Cover for any Medical Condition
- Allianz Health Insurance
- Amariz Limited specialised insurance for expats
- APRIL UK Health Insurance
- Avalon Europe Funeral Plans
- WPA Health Insurance
- National Dental Plan
- World First Travel Insurance
- Wiltshire Friendly
- William Russell Expatriate Insurance
PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE INFORMATION
- WHAT IS PRIVATE HEATH INSURANCE?
- Is Private Treatment better than NHS Treatment?
- How to Choose Private Health Insurance?
- What Conditions or Treatments Does Private Health Insurance Not Cover?
- General Advice and Information for Buying Health Insurance
- Common Private Health Insurance Terms
- What Questions Should I Ask When Choosing Private Health Insurance?
- Comparing Private Health Insurance Policies
- Getting Private Health Insurance Advice
- Making a Claim on Your Private Health Insurance Policy
- WHAT IS CRITICAL ILLNESS COVER?
- Disadvantages of Critical Illness Cover
- Advantages of Critical Illness Cover
- Further Information
UK HEALTH CENTRES
- Colonic Irrigation
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Dental Treatments
- Fertility Treatment
- Hair Transplants
- Harley Street
- Hearing Aids
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Laser Hair Removal
- Medical Centres & GPs
- Private Blood Tests
- Private Health Insurance
- Sleep Disorders
- Smoking & E-Cigarettes
- Sports Medicine
- STD's & STI's
(Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Tattoo Removal
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Glossary A-Z
- Latest UK Health News
SELECT A LOCATION