Number of Laser Hair Removal Treatments Required
The number of laser hair removal treatment sessions you will need is dependant upon several things. Your skin type, hair thickness and colour, the size of the area you have chosen to have treated, and how deep the hair follicles are in the skin, all determine how many sessions you may need to try and get good levels of hair loss.
Between 4 and 6 treatments are usually needed initially to achieve good hair reduction if you have been deemed a good candidate for a laser procedure. However, in most cases, 6-12 session are required for optimum results. This is only a general figure and every case is treated individually so these numbers may vary. Your practitioner will decide how many initial treatments you will need. Multiple initial treatments are needed to make sure that the body hair is targeted in all active phases of the hairs growth cycle. This aims to target as much hair as possible so as to achieve the best possible results.
Period between Laser Hair Removal Sessions
There needs to be a period of time between laser hair removal treatments during a course. The length of time left between treatments varies between practitioners. Treatments are normally spaced around 4 to 10 weeks apart, with the minimum being around a month between treatments. The reason for the gaps between treatments is to allow time for hair follicles which are in the dormant stage of the hair growth cycle to become active. This helps to target more active hair follicles and helps to give the best possible results. After the initial course of treatment you should see a good level of hair loss. Generally, around 70% to 90% hair loss is seen.
Repeat Laser Hair Removal Sessions
Repeat laser hair removal treatment sessions will likely be needed in future to remove any hair which has grown back after treatment. Hair which is not in the anagen stage of the hair growth cycle at the time of treatment will more than likely grow back. More laser hair removal treatments will target these hairs while they are in the anagen stage and will hopefully prevent these from growing back in future. These repeat treatments are likely to be needed at least a year after the initial course of treatments is complete. The more sessions that you have, the increased chances of getting long-term hair free results. Your practitioner should be happy to discuss any repeat treatments should the need to have them arise in your case.
- BODY AREAS FOR LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- Face Laser Hair Removal (inc forehead)
- Chin Laser Hair Removal
- Neck Laser Hair Removal
- Arms Laser Hair Removal
- Bikini Laser Hair Removal
- Legs Laser Hair Removal
- Nipple Laser Hair Removal
- Shoulders Laser Hair Removal
- Underarms Laser Hair Removal
- Back Laser Hair Removal
- Stomach Laser Hair Removal
- Breasts Laser Hair Removal
- Mens Chest Laser Hair Removal
- Side Effects & Risks with Laser Hair Removal
- Discomfort & Pain with Laser Hair Removal
- Scarring with Laser Hair Removal
- Safety of Laser Hair Removal
- Legal Requirements for Carrying Out Laser Hair Removal
- Contraindications for Laser Hair Removal
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) Hair Removal
- How does IPL Hair Removal Work?
- Cost of IPL Hair Removal
- History and Background of IPL
- Why Choose IPL Hair Removal?
- Alternatives to IPL Hair Removal
- When is IPL Hair Removal Most Effective?
- IPL Hair Removal Session
- How Many IPL Sessions Will I Need?
- Suitability for IPL Hair Removal
- Risks, Complications, and Side Effects of IPL
- Is IPL Hair Removal Permanent?
- Is IPL Hair Removal Painful?
- Who Performs IPL Hair Removal?
- IPL & PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
- IPL at Home
- Laser Hair Removal Before & After
LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- LASER HAIR REMOVAL INFORMATION
- Is Laser Hair Removal Permanent?
- Causes of Hair Re-growth After Laser Hair Removal Treatment
- Long Term Effects of Laser Hair Removal
- Repeat Sessions for Laser Hair Removal
- COST OF LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- Number of Laser Hair Removal Treatments Required
- Consultation for Laser Hair Removal
- Patch Tests for Laser Hair Removal
- Preparing for Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Hair Removal Procedure
- Removing Hair in-between Laser Hair Removal Treatments
- Laser Hair Removal of White/Blond Hair
- TYPES OF LASERS
- Types of Laser Hair Removal Machines
- Latest Developments & Research in Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Hair Removal Manufacturers
- Laser Hair Removal at Home
- Guide to Waxing Hair
- Shaving Unwanted Hair
- FURTHER INFORMATION
- Colonic Irrigation
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Dental Treatments
- Fertility Treatment
- Hair Transplants
- Harley Street
- Hearing Aids
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Laser Hair Removal
- Medical Centres & GPs
- Private Blood Tests
- Private Health Insurance
- Sleep Disorders
- Smoking & E-Cigarettes
- Sports Medicine
- STD's & STI's
(Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Tattoo Removal
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Glossary A-Z