Laser Hair Removal of White/Blond Hair
Traditionally, it has always been harder to get good results from laser hair removal treatments on blond or white hair. With older laser technologies the treated hair would often grow back unaffected after treatment. Though today there is newer equipment available and laser hair removal treatment on white or blond hair is a much more viable prospect than before.
It is important that before having any treatment you are well informed of effective procedures for blond or white hair and that you thoroughly research practitioners and practices in your area so as to get a procedure that is right for you. Laser treatments for white and blond hair are relatively new and not all practices will have treatments that will be effective on your hair.
Effective Modern Laser for White/Blond Hair
Treatments which can be tailored to suit lighter hair, include Epilight and a hybrid system called ELOS. The Epilight system is effective on blond hair only. It usually produces stable levels of hair free results for several years after treatment. If hair does grow back after Epilight treatment, it tends to grow back as vellus (baby type) hair; this is much less noticeable than regular hair.
Electro Optical Synergy (ELOS) is a hybrid system which combines light energy and bipolar conducted electric current. It produces fewer side effects than other laser treatments. As it uses both light and electric pulses simultaneously is causes the electric energy from the pulses to go directly to the hair follicles which have been pre-heated by the light pulses. This produces a greater effect which is more focused than just a single light pulse. This makes it more effective on lighter coloured hair.
The Alexandrite laser hair removal system can also be effective on white hair. This system includes Apogee, EpiTouch Plus and GentleLASE treatments.
Before having laser hair removal treatment light hair can be pigmented to help boost the chances of getting longer term hair free results. Pigmenting dyes your hair follicles and this effectively increases the efficacy of laser hair removal treatments and opens up more laser options which can be used on you. Meladine is an example of a pigmenting dye which is effective on light hair. It is made from naturally occurring compounds found in marine squid ink. This enhances the melatonin in the hair roots and helps the laser to target the light hair better.
- BODY AREAS FOR LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- Face Laser Hair Removal (inc forehead)
- Chin Laser Hair Removal
- Neck Laser Hair Removal
- Arms Laser Hair Removal
- Bikini Laser Hair Removal
- Legs Laser Hair Removal
- Nipple Laser Hair Removal
- Shoulders Laser Hair Removal
- Underarms Laser Hair Removal
- Back Laser Hair Removal
- Stomach Laser Hair Removal
- Breasts Laser Hair Removal
- Mens Chest Laser Hair Removal
- Side Effects & Risks with Laser Hair Removal
- Discomfort & Pain with Laser Hair Removal
- Scarring with Laser Hair Removal
- Safety of Laser Hair Removal
- Legal Requirements for Carrying Out Laser Hair Removal
- Contraindications for Laser Hair Removal
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) Hair Removal
- How does IPL Hair Removal Work?
- Cost of IPL Hair Removal
- History and Background of IPL
- Why Choose IPL Hair Removal?
- Alternatives to IPL Hair Removal
- When is IPL Hair Removal Most Effective?
- IPL Hair Removal Session
- How Many IPL Sessions Will I Need?
- Suitability for IPL Hair Removal
- Risks, Complications, and Side Effects of IPL
- Is IPL Hair Removal Permanent?
- Is IPL Hair Removal Painful?
- Who Performs IPL Hair Removal?
- IPL & PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
- IPL at Home
- Laser Hair Removal Before & After
- Medic8 - Laser Hair Removal Guide
LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- LASER HAIR REMOVAL INFORMATION
- Is Laser Hair Removal Permanent?
- Causes of Hair Re-growth After Laser Hair Removal Treatment
- Long Term Effects of Laser Hair Removal
- Repeat Sessions for Laser Hair Removal
- COST OF LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- Number of Laser Hair Removal Treatments Required
- Consultation for Laser Hair Removal
- Patch Tests for Laser Hair Removal
- Preparing for Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Hair Removal Procedure
- Removing Hair in-between Laser Hair Removal Treatments
- Laser Hair Removal of White/Blond Hair
- TYPES OF LASERS
- Types of Laser Hair Removal Machines
- Latest Developments & Research in Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Hair Removal Manufacturers
- Laser Hair Removal at Home
- Guide to Waxing Hair
- Shaving Unwanted Hair
- FURTHER INFORMATION
- Colonic Irrigation
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Dental Treatments
- Fertility Treatment
- Hair Transplants
- Harley Street
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Laser Hair Removal
- Medical Centres & GPs
- Private Blood Tests
- Private Health Insurance
- Sleep Disorders
- Sports Medicine
- STD's & STI's
(Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Tattoo Removal
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Glossary A-Z