Removing Hair in-between Laser Hair Removal Treatments
Hair can re-grow in-between your laser hair removal treatments. This new hair usually tends to be patchier, thinner and lighter than the hair that would have grown before treatment. With weeks between appointments it could be frustrating to put up with this hair until your next appointment, so you can still get rid of this unwanted hair in the mean time. Your practitioner should explain what you are allowed to do to remove this hair, and if you have any questions you should contact your practitioner.
Laser Hair Removal Dont’s
Plucking and waxing are no-go areas. You should not pluck or wax the unwanted hair between treatments. Processes such as plucking and waxing will interfere with the root of the hair follicle and the whole follicle itself. The follicle has to remain intact for laser hair removal to work effectively, so waxing and plucking could negatively effect further laser hair removal treatments you have. Other processes which you should not carry out include tweezing and bleaching.
Laser Hair Removal Do’s
In between laser hair removal sessions, you are allowed to shave the unwanted hair, which has regrown. Shaving will only take off the hair on the surface of the skin and will not directly affect the hair follicle. It is recommended that you avoid shaving the area you have treated for the first few days after treatment. This allows the area to heal better and helps to stop inflicting the area with anymore trauma. After around four days you can start shaving any hair, which re-grows.
You can also use your shaving pattern as a guide to how well you laser hair removal treatment is working. If the treatment is working effectively for you, you should see yourself shaving less than before and this should reduce with the more treatments you have. If you find yourself shaving just as much as you did before having treatment, then perhaps laser hair removal is not working effectively for you and you should raise your concerns with your practitioner.
Hair Shedding & Hair Re-growth
Several days after having a laser hair removal treatment, you should start to see the hair on the treated area begin to shed and fall out. Sometimes you can mistake this process for hair regrowth. This is not the case though, and you should be careful not to get the two mixed up. If you have any queries you should consult your practitioner.
- BODY AREAS FOR LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- Face Laser Hair Removal (inc forehead)
- Chin Laser Hair Removal
- Neck Laser Hair Removal
- Arms Laser Hair Removal
- Bikini Laser Hair Removal
- Legs Laser Hair Removal
- Nipple Laser Hair Removal
- Shoulders Laser Hair Removal
- Underarms Laser Hair Removal
- Back Laser Hair Removal
- Stomach Laser Hair Removal
- Breasts Laser Hair Removal
- Mens Chest Laser Hair Removal
- Side Effects & Risks with Laser Hair Removal
- Discomfort & Pain with Laser Hair Removal
- Scarring with Laser Hair Removal
- Safety of Laser Hair Removal
- Legal Requirements for Carrying Out Laser Hair Removal
- Contraindications for Laser Hair Removal
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) Hair Removal
- How does IPL Hair Removal Work?
- Cost of IPL Hair Removal
- History and Background of IPL
- Why Choose IPL Hair Removal?
- Alternatives to IPL Hair Removal
- When is IPL Hair Removal Most Effective?
- IPL Hair Removal Session
- How Many IPL Sessions Will I Need?
- Suitability for IPL Hair Removal
- Risks, Complications, and Side Effects of IPL
- Is IPL Hair Removal Permanent?
- Is IPL Hair Removal Painful?
- Who Performs IPL Hair Removal?
- IPL & PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
- IPL at Home
- Laser Hair Removal Before & After
LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- LASER HAIR REMOVAL INFORMATION
- Is Laser Hair Removal Permanent?
- Causes of Hair Re-growth After Laser Hair Removal Treatment
- Long Term Effects of Laser Hair Removal
- Repeat Sessions for Laser Hair Removal
- COST OF LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- Number of Laser Hair Removal Treatments Required
- Consultation for Laser Hair Removal
- Patch Tests for Laser Hair Removal
- Preparing for Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Hair Removal Procedure
- Removing Hair in-between Laser Hair Removal Treatments
- Laser Hair Removal of White/Blond Hair
- TYPES OF LASERS
- Types of Laser Hair Removal Machines
- Latest Developments & Research in Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Hair Removal Manufacturers
- Laser Hair Removal at Home
- Guide to Waxing Hair
- Shaving Unwanted Hair
- FURTHER INFORMATION
- Colonic Irrigation
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Dental Treatments
- Fertility Treatment
- Hair Transplants
- Harley Street
- Hearing Aids
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Laser Hair Removal
- Medical Centres & GPs
- Private Blood Tests
- Private Health Insurance
- Sleep Disorders
- Smoking & E-Cigarettes
- Sports Medicine
- STD's & STI's
(Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Tattoo Removal
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Glossary A-Z