Patch Tests for Laser Hair Removal
After discussing laser hair removal treatment and obtaining your consent for the procedure, the next stage of the process is for your practitioner to carry out a patch test on a small area of skin. Patch tests are an essential part of the pre-treatment process. The point of the patch test is to determine the level of laser energy that will be needed to give you the best possible results. This patch test will also give you an idea of what having laser hair removal treatment will be like and how it will feel. It will also show you and your practitioner any adverse effects or highlight any problems with the treatment. It is much better for such problems to come to light at this stage than after a full treatment; as the effects will only be seen on a small area and your course of treatment can be adapted before it begins. A laser hair removal patch test will help to minimise the risk of side effects and increase your chances of getting effective results.
When to Carry Out the Patch Test
There is variation on when a patch test is carried out. It is usually carried out around 3 or 4 days before starting treatment. Some laser hair removal clinics prefer to leave a longer gap, to ensure that there are no slowly progressing side effects. Completing the patch test well before treatment, will allow plenty of time for just about all possible side effects that could appear, to do so. The patch test can also be used to try and estimate the results you will get from your course of laser hair treatments.
Patch Test Queries
You may wish to find out if the practitioner carrying out your patch test is the same person who will be carrying out your treatment course. To settle any niggling doubts you have prior to the patch test, you can ask about the practitioner’s experience at using the laser and how many people they have treated with it. You should also ask how much hair is needed on the patch test area and if there is anything you should or shouldn’t do to or put on your skin before the test.
Laser Hair Removal Patch Test Prices
The price of having the patch test is generally very low compared to the price of your treatments. The general price range is around £25 but this is sometimes deducted from the course of treatment. Other laser hair removal salons and clinics, offer free patch tests.
- BODY AREAS FOR LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- Face Laser Hair Removal (inc forehead)
- Chin Laser Hair Removal
- Neck Laser Hair Removal
- Arms Laser Hair Removal
- Bikini Laser Hair Removal
- Legs Laser Hair Removal
- Nipple Laser Hair Removal
- Shoulders Laser Hair Removal
- Underarms Laser Hair Removal
- Back Laser Hair Removal
- Stomach Laser Hair Removal
- Breasts Laser Hair Removal
- Mens Chest Laser Hair Removal
- Side Effects & Risks with Laser Hair Removal
- Discomfort & Pain with Laser Hair Removal
- Scarring with Laser Hair Removal
- Safety of Laser Hair Removal
- Legal Requirements for Carrying Out Laser Hair Removal
- Contraindications for Laser Hair Removal
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) Hair Removal
- How does IPL Hair Removal Work?
- Cost of IPL Hair Removal
- History and Background of IPL
- Why Choose IPL Hair Removal?
- Alternatives to IPL Hair Removal
- When is IPL Hair Removal Most Effective?
- IPL Hair Removal Session
- How Many IPL Sessions Will I Need?
- Suitability for IPL Hair Removal
- Risks, Complications, and Side Effects of IPL
- Is IPL Hair Removal Permanent?
- Is IPL Hair Removal Painful?
- Who Performs IPL Hair Removal?
- IPL & PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
- IPL at Home
- Laser Hair Removal Before & After
LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- LASER HAIR REMOVAL INFORMATION
- Is Laser Hair Removal Permanent?
- Causes of Hair Re-growth After Laser Hair Removal Treatment
- Long Term Effects of Laser Hair Removal
- Repeat Sessions for Laser Hair Removal
- COST OF LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- Number of Laser Hair Removal Treatments Required
- Consultation for Laser Hair Removal
- Patch Tests for Laser Hair Removal
- Preparing for Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Hair Removal Procedure
- Removing Hair in-between Laser Hair Removal Treatments
- Laser Hair Removal of White/Blond Hair
- TYPES OF LASERS
- Types of Laser Hair Removal Machines
- Latest Developments & Research in Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Hair Removal Manufacturers
- Laser Hair Removal at Home
- Guide to Waxing Hair
- Shaving Unwanted Hair
- FURTHER INFORMATION
- Colonic Irrigation
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Dental Treatments
- Fertility Treatment
- Hair Transplants
- Harley Street
- Hearing Aids
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Laser Hair Removal
- Medical Centres & GPs
- Private Blood Tests
- Private Health Insurance
- Sleep Disorders
- Smoking & E-Cigarettes
- Sports Medicine
- STD's & STI's
(Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Tattoo Removal
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Glossary A-Z