Laser Hair Removal at Home
For thousands of years men and women alike have struggled to reduce the amount of body hair they have, and have used all methods available in order to manage this unwanted hair growth. From shaving to epilating to waxing we have used extreme measures to tackle our problem areas. Now new technology is available in our own homes to target the very root of the problem, using the most cutting -edge in laser technology.
Cutting Edge Technology
Using an at-home laser treatment system could eliminate the need to use razors – no more cuts and nicks in a hurry in the shower! No more uncomfortable and embarrassing waxing sessions before going on holiday! Investing in this system could take the strain out of hair removal, but it is important to do your research and find out if laser hair removal is for you and which system might suit you.
The Power of Light
Laser technology works by utilising the power of light. In laser hair removal an intense burst of light is emitted which works right down to the root of the hair follicle. The hair follicle is then affected by this intense light at the cellular level. An IPL or intense pulsed light treatment, works in a very similar way except that it emits burst of intense light on many wavelengths as opposed to a single wavelength like a laser. The combined power of photo and thermal energy penetrates the dermal area using the melanin in the pigment of the hair and skin and affects the follicle itself. After repeated treatment this cell ceases to reproduce hairs leaving you with longterm smooth and hair free skin on any treated areas.
Colours of Light and Your Colouring
There are a range of different at-home systems which use different radiations or levels of coloured light. These different types of light can make them more or less effective on different skin pigmentation or hair colour. Other factors can affect how effective the treatment is, such as skin condition and ethnicity can also be a factor.
Laser Compared with IPL
Until recently laser hair removal had been available in salons and was used only by professionals, but now several of the industry leaders have developed systems which can be operated by anyone and can be used within the comfort your own home. The hand set resembles a hair dryer and is easily held against the skin with one hand. The intense bursts of light penetrate to the root of the hair causing it to fall out, and treatment could be required as little as twice a year. There are various systems and accessories to select from and it is important to choose the best one for you.
Who Can Use at Home Laser or IPL Hair Removal Treatments?
Both men and women are affected by unwanted hair growth, be it on their faces legs or back or any other body part. Tackling this has become a major industry and laser hair removal is one of the latest techniques to be introduced.
Who Cannot or Should Not Use a Laser or IPL System
If you have healthy skin there is most likely a laser system out there to suit you, and most people can use them through most of their lives. Those people with acne or photosensitive skin or those who are pregnant should avoid using the laser hair removal system. Also due to the levels of melanin anyone with red hair type cannot use laser hair removal as the light will simply not affect the hairs growth. There are also certain laser systems which are unsafe to use if you have extremely pale or dark skin as these skin types can be severely and adversely affected by treatment.
Home Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Hair Removal at Home
- Home Laser Hair Removal & Skin Type
- Home Laser Hair Removal & Hair Colour
- Suitability for Home Laser Hair Removal Treatments
- Long Term Use of Home Laser Hair Treatment
- Benefits of Home Laser Hair Removal Treatments
- Hair Re-Growth After Home Laser Hair Removal
- Best Home Laser Hair Removal Treatments
- Cost of Home Laser Hair Removal Treatments
- Home Laser Hair Removal for Legs
- Home Laser Hair Removal for the Face
- Home Laser Hair Removal for Bikini Line
- Home Laser Hair Removal for Under Arm Hair
- Home Laser Hair Removal for Chest & Back Hair
- Home Laser Hair Removal for Men
- Tria Beauty Home Hair Removal
- Using Tria Beauty to Remove Hair
- E-Swin Home Hair Removal
- Using the E-One Step-by-Step to Remove Hair at Home
- Benefits of the E-One Home Hair Removal
- Finding Hair After Depilation with E-One
- Long Term Use of E-One
- Boots Smooth Skin Hair Removal
- Results With Boots Smooth Skin System
- Benefits of the Boots Smooth Skin System
- Safe Use of Boots Smooth Skin
- Medical Conditions & Boots Smooth Skin System
- Medication & Boots Smooth Skin System
- Philips Lumea Home Hair Removal
- Using the Phillips Lumea Home Hair Removal
- Rio Laser Home Hair Removal
- Before Treatment With the Rio Laser
- After Treatment With the Rio Laser
- BODY AREAS FOR LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- Face Laser Hair Removal (inc forehead)
- Chin Laser Hair Removal
- Neck Laser Hair Removal
- Arms Laser Hair Removal
- Bikini Laser Hair Removal
- Legs Laser Hair Removal
- Nipple Laser Hair Removal
- Shoulders Laser Hair Removal
- Underarms Laser Hair Removal
- Back Laser Hair Removal
- Stomach Laser Hair Removal
- Breasts Laser Hair Removal
- Mens Chest Laser Hair Removal
- Side Effects & Risks with Laser Hair Removal
- Discomfort & Pain with Laser Hair Removal
- Scarring with Laser Hair Removal
- Safety of Laser Hair Removal
- Legal Requirements for Carrying Out Laser Hair Removal
- Contraindications for Laser Hair Removal
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) Hair Removal
- How does IPL Hair Removal Work?
- Cost of IPL Hair Removal
- History and Background of IPL
- Why Choose IPL Hair Removal?
- Alternatives to IPL Hair Removal
- When is IPL Hair Removal Most Effective?
- IPL Hair Removal Session
- How Many IPL Sessions Will I Need?
- Suitability for IPL Hair Removal
- Risks, Complications, and Side Effects of IPL
- Is IPL Hair Removal Permanent?
- Is IPL Hair Removal Painful?
- Who Performs IPL Hair Removal?
- IPL & PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
- IPL at Home
- Laser Hair Removal Before & After
LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- LASER HAIR REMOVAL INFORMATION
- Is Laser Hair Removal Permanent?
- Causes of Hair Re-growth After Laser Hair Removal Treatment
- Long Term Effects of Laser Hair Removal
- Repeat Sessions for Laser Hair Removal
- COST OF LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- Number of Laser Hair Removal Treatments Required
- Consultation for Laser Hair Removal
- Patch Tests for Laser Hair Removal
- Preparing for Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Hair Removal Procedure
- Removing Hair in-between Laser Hair Removal Treatments
- Laser Hair Removal of White/Blond Hair
- TYPES OF LASERS
- Types of Laser Hair Removal Machines
- Latest Developments & Research in Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Hair Removal Manufacturers
- Laser Hair Removal at Home
- Guide to Waxing Hair
- Shaving Unwanted Hair
- FURTHER INFORMATION
- Colonic Irrigation
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Dental Treatments
- Fertility Treatment
- Hair Transplants
- Harley Street
- Hearing Aids
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Laser Hair Removal
- Medical Centres & GPs
- Private Blood Tests
- Private Health Insurance
- Sleep Disorders
- Smoking & E-Cigarettes
- Sports Medicine
- STD's & STI's
(Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Tattoo Removal
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Glossary A-Z