Cost Of Private Hearing Tests
Sometimes, private providers offer free hearing tests; however, some will charge and the fees vary; it is a good idea to shop around, but always make sure you visit a clinic or store that is approved by the Hearing Aid Council. If you want to purchase a private hearing aid, you can still have free hearing tests on the NHS; ask your GP for further details.
If you are buying a private hearing aid, the cost of the consultation and hearing tests, which are carried out, may be included in a package price; always make sure you have a full written quite before you agree to go ahead; this will help to make sure you don’t end up paying more than you expected. In cases where clinics or providers do charge for hearing tests, the fees may vary from around £70 for a standard hearing test to over £400 for specific tests.
Many of the high street opticians now offer free private hearing tests and it is then up to you whether or not you decide to invest in a private hearing aid; you can also have NHS hearing tests and buy a private hearing aid or have a private hearing test and get an NHS hearing aid, although you may also need to have tests done on the NHS.
Essentially, NHS and private hearing tests are very similar; however, a private provider may offer more in terms of specialist hearing tests and a wider range of tests may be available. There are various different types of hearing loss and these tests can help to provide more details about your specific case; the results of the tests can then be used to determine which type of hearing aid would be best for you.
You may also be able to have a private hearing test faster than an NHS hearing test, as waiting times tend to be shorter if you see a private provider. If you wish to have an NHS hearing test, you will usually see your GP and then be referred; in contrast, you can book a private hearing test directly, so you will usually only have to wait a few days to get an appointment.
- PRIVATE HEARING AIDS
- Do I Need A Hearing Aid?
- Comparing NHS And Private Hearing Tests
- Hearing Loss
- What Happens At A Private Hearing Test?
- How Hearing Aids Work
- Types of Hearing Aids
- Fitting A Private Hearing Aid
- Cost of Private Hearing Aids
- Cost Of Private Hearing Tests
- How Can I Make Sure That I Get The Best Out Of My Hearing Aid?
- Waiting For A Private Hearing Aid
- What Does A Private Hearing Aid Look Like?
- Going Abroad For A Private Hearing Aid
- Benefits Of Wearing A Private Hearing Aid
- Reducing The Risk Of Suffering Hearing Loss
- Will I Need A Private Hearing Aid For Both Ears?
- How Long Will A Private Hearing Aid Last?
- Regular Hearing Tests
- Invisible Hearing Aids
- Digital Hearing Aids
- Behind-the-ear (BTE) Hearing Aids
- In-the-ear (ITE) Hearing Aids
- In-the-canal (ITC) Hearing Aids
- Completely-in-the-canal (CIC) Hearing Aids
- Choosing A Private Hearing Aid Dispenser
- Hearing Aids Support And Aftercare
- Further Information
UK HEALTH CENTRES
- Colonic Irrigation
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Dental Treatments
- Fertility Treatment
- Hair Transplants
- Harley Street
- Hearing Aids
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Laser Hair Removal
- Medical Centres & GPs
- Private Blood Tests
- Private Health Insurance
- Sleep Disorders
- Smoking & E-Cigarettes
- Sports Medicine
- STD's & STI's
(Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Tattoo Removal
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Glossary A-Z
- Latest UK Health News
SELECT A LOCATION