Private Sleeve Gastrectomy
There are many reasons that private health care is to be considered when thinking about weight loss surgery, it will however require much concentration and research, as clinics often offer a range of prices. You will of course need to meet specific guidelines set out in the UK, and your case will considered individually, once you are accepted for surgery there will be a number of topics you will need to look at when going private. The types of things you will need to research will be what aftercare package will you receive? Are the surgeons qualified? What is covered with the price I pay? As well as what specialist team will you have access to?
How do I qualify for Private surgery?
Across the UK whether your procedure is completed on the NHS or privately, you will need to ensure you meet specific requirements prior to requesting this type of surgery. Usually Sleeve Gastrectomys are performed as a 2 part operation; the first part reduces your weight enough so that you are able to safely undergo a gastric bypass or duodenal switch procedure. If this is the case your BMI will need to be quite high, often above 50. You may be considered with a lower BMI if you suffer from anaemia or Chron’s disease, this is because the operation doesn’t affect your intestines, therefore won’t affect these types of medical conditions. You will be required to also show evidence that in the past you have tried hard to lose weight in a variety of ways and that they have all been unsuccessful. As well as this you will need to also prove that surgery is your last option, and that you will dedicate a large amount of time and motivation to changing your lifestyle before and after your operation. Success of weight loss surgery is often reliant on the individual and the amount of work they put in, if your attitude is correct you will be considered. Obviously you will need to as well be fit for surgery; your safety is of utmost importance and will be assessed throughout.
What is the cost?
The cost of surgery from private clinics often vary, this is due to a range of different things. The average cost of this type of weight surgery in the UK is between £8,000 and £10,000, however it can be found for cheaper prices. This is where you need to spend a lot of time researching and collaborating information together, to ensure you get the best deal possible. The types of areas you should research into are:
- What aftercare packages are offered – how long am I covered for? What is covered? How much support will I receive etc...
- Who makes up the Specialist team?
- What is the clinic like?
- How experienced are the medical staff?
Clinics will usually charge how much they feel their services are worth, and a lot of people follow the saying ‘you get what you pay for.’ Therefore it is recommended that you look into various clinics and weigh up what each clinic has to offer, you can also attend as many consultations as you like as these are usually free.
How will I afford to pay for the procedure?
With regards to payment there are a number of different ways in which you can pay for the procedure, some clinics will require full payment, you can either save or perhaps apply for a medical loan so you are able to do this. Other private health care clinics will offer payment plans, usually there will be a low interest rate or no interest rate at all on payments if you are able to pay off the full balance within a small time period, often around 6 months. You will be able to arrange a payment plan during the process, and you may discuss this also at your consultation, to ensure that you reduce stress that can be associated with finances.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Sleeve Gastrectomy Benefits
- Preparing for a Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgeons
- Cost of a Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Sleeve Gastrectomy on the NHS
- Private Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Sleeve Gastrectomy Abroad
- Complications & Dangers of Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Side Effects and Risks with Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Results of Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Pain from Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Aftercare & Recovery following Sleeve Gastrectomy
- After Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity Surgery)
- Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity Surgery) Results
- Long Term Effects of Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity Surgery)
- How Long Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity Surgery) Results Last
- Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity Surgery) & Excess Skin
- Weight loss Surgery (Obesity Surgery) & Professional Advice
- Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity Surgery) & Forums/Support Groups
- Emotional Support After Weight Loss Surgery
- Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity Surgery) & Diabetes
- Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity Surgery) & Diet
- Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity Surgery) & Exercise
- Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity Surgery) & Hair Loss
- Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity Surgery) & Medications
- Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity Surgery) & Pregnancy
- Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity Surgery) for Children
- Weight Loss Surgery Follow up Care
- Food & Meals after Weight Loss Surgery
- Plastic/Cosmetic Surgery after Weight Loss Surgery - (Tummy Tuck)
- Weight Loss Creams & Gels
- Weight Loss Creams Questions
WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY
- Find Weight Loss Surgery Clinics
- Weight Loss Surgery Guide
- Weight Loss Surgery Myths
- Reasons for having Weight Loss Surgery
- Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity Surgery) Suitability
- Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity Surgery) Risks & Complications
- Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity Surgery) Benefits
- Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity Surgery) Insurance
- Weight Loss Surgery Cost/Prices
- Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity Surgery) on the NHS
- Private Weight Loss Surgery
- Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity Surgery) Abroad
- Weight Loss Surgery Consultation
- Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity Surgery) Surgeons (Doctors)
- Preparing for Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity Surgery)
- Weight Loss Surgery Procedures
- Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity Surgery) Recovery
- Types of Weight Loss Surgery
- Gastric Banding or Lap Band
- Gastric Bypass
- Biliopancreatic Diversion
- Duodenal Switch
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Gastric Stimulation (Implantable Gastric Stimulator)
- Gastric Balloon
- Revision Weight Loss Surgery
- Alternatives to Weight Loss Surgery (Obesity Surgery)
- Weight Watchers Meetings
- Slimming World Groups