Dentists Offering Mini-dental Implants
Mini-dental implants are made extremely attractive by the simplicity of the procedure by which they are inserted, and their dramatically reduced costs. This particular class of implants is available to a broader range of people thanks to these traits, and more and more people are taking advantage of mini-dental implant technology to stabilise dentures to make them more comfortable and effective.
In this article we look at the provision of mini-dental implants here in the UK.
Mini-dental implants from private dentistry
Like most other dental procedures here in the UK, mini-dental implants are available through private dentistry. Despite some exceptions, most dental care is provided privately here in the UK.
Mini-implant procedures can be obtained through many different dentists, particularly cosmetic dentists and oral surgeons who specialise in this kind of procedure. When looking at private dentists for this particular type of procedure, it is important to make sure that you are receiving the treatment from a dentist experienced in the provision of implant surgeries. Oral surgeons in particular will have a wealth of experience in this particular area.
Mini-implant surgeries are markedly less expensive than the equivalent procedure performed with full sized implants, typically costing about half the price of their sister surgeries. Many private clinics will offer the option of covering costs through a payment plan which can be a more flexible way of paying for the surgery.
The costs of mini-implant procedures in the private sector will vary depending on the experience of the dentist, the location of their practice (which influences running costs), and the implants used. It is always advisable to look at a number of different options before picking a dentist for the procedure, and the internet can be an invaluable source of reviews and opinions that can help you make the right choice for you.
Mini-dental implants from the NHS
Mini-implants can be potentially provided on the NHS in circumstances where there is a distinct medical need for the procedure. Guidelines which drive policies on implant provision on the NHS emphasise this point, and examples of situations where the NHS may fund this type of implant include cleft palate treatments and instances where people under the age of 30 have lost a significant number of their teeth.
Whether mini-dental implants in particular will be applied in these instances will depend on a number of different factors, most particularly whether these implants are considered the most medically relevant and effective and the policies of the NHS Trust in question. Trusts in the UK possess a certain amount of autonomy when it comes to deciding which treatments to offer, and it is worth finding out what your local Trust’s policies are in this area.
There are a number of different high quality providers of mini-dental implant procedures here in the UK, and in some instances it is possible to receive the treatment on the NHS as described above. There is, of course, the option of going abroad for procedures like this, and a number of countries are known as reputable locations for ‘dental holidays’.
- How do Mini-dental Implants Work?
- Mini-dental Implants Procedure
- Fitting of Mini-Dental Implants
- Bone Graft with Mini-Dental Implants
- Dentists Offering Mini-dental Implants
- NHS Mini-dental Implants
- Are Mini-dental Implants Available Privately?
- How do Mini-Dental Implants Stabilise Teeth?
- Mini-Dental Implants Insertion into the Jawbone
- Fusing of Mini-Dental Implants into the Jawbone
- Safety of Osseointegration of Mini-Dental Implants
- Mini-dental Implants Integratin with the Jawbone
- Benefits of Mini-Dental Implants
- Disadvantages of Mini-Dental Implants
- Difference between Dental Implants and Mini-Dental Implants
- Similarities Between Dental Implants and Mini-Dental Implants
- Success of Mini-Dental Implant Procedures
- Factors that affect the Success of Mini-Dental Implant Procedures
- Infection of Mini-Dental Implants
- Mini-Dental Implants to Stabilise Dentures
- Mini-Dental Implants to Support Dentures
- Causes of Tooth Loss
- Can I have Dental Implants?
- Types of Dental Implants
- What is Immediate Loading Surgery?
- What are Delayed Placement Implants?
- What is an Implant Overdenture?
- Additional Surgery with Dental Implants
- Making a Dental Implant Appointment
- Dental Implant Consultation
- How to Prepare for a Dental Implant
- Sedation & Anaesthetic in Dental Implant Procedures
- What to Expect During your Dental Implant Procedure
- Dental Implant Recovery
- Taking Care of Dental Implants
- Cleaning Dental Implants
- Waiting after a Tooth Extraction to have a Dental Implant
- What is Dental Implant Failure?
- Risks of Dental Implants
- Complications with Dental Implants
- Benefits of Dental Implants
- Disadvantages of Dental Implants
- Compare Dental Implants
- How Long do Dental Implants Last?
- Do I need a Dental Implant for Every Tooth that is Missing?
- Dental Implants for One Tooth
- Types of Single Tooth Implants
- Dental Implants when more than one Tooth is Missing
- Cost of Dental Implants
- Can I get Dental Implants on the NHS?
- Affording Dental Implants
- Future of Dental Implants
- Best Dental Implants
- Single Tooth Dental Implants
- Two Dental Implants
- Three Dental Implants
- All on Four Dental Implants
- Full Jaw (Full Arch) Dental Implants
- Dental Implant for One Missing Tooth
- Dental Implants for Two Missing Teeth
- Dental Implants for Three Missing Teeth
- Dental Implants for Four Missing Teeth
- Dental Implants for Five Missing Teeth
- Mini Dental Implants
- GENERAL DENTISTRY
- Dental Tooth Fillings
- Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
- Tooth Extraction
- Dental Bridges
- Maryland Bridges
- Onlays & Inlays
- DENTAL SPECIALISTS
- DENTAL HYGIENE
- Brushing Your Teeth
- Electric Toothbrushes
- Scale & Polish
- Dental Plaque
- Stain Removal (air abrasion)
- Bad Breath (halitosis)
- Tongue Cleaning
- Hygiene Products
- Dental Floss
- Fluoride Treatment
- DENTAL TREATMENT IN THE UK
- COSMETIC DENTISTRY
- DENTAL VENEERS
- TEETH WHITENING
- DENTAL IMPLANTS
- CFast Braces
- ClearSmile Braces
- ClearSmile Aligners
- Digital Impressions and Scanning
- Dental Sinus Lift
- Dental Crowns
- Cerec Restorations
- Full Mouth Reconstruction
- Cosmetic Bonding
- Gum Contouring (gummy smile)
- Cost of Cosmetic Dentistry
- DENTAL PROBLEMS
- DENTAL PHOBIA
- EMERGENCY DENTISTS
- DENTAL DISEASES, CONDITIONS & SURGERY
- DENTISTRY ABROAD
- DENTAL INSURANCE
- A-Z OF DENTISTRY
- Further Information
UK HEALTH CENTRES
- Colonic Irrigation
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Dental Treatments
- Fertility Treatment
- Hair Transplants
- Harley Street
- Hearing Aids
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Laser Hair Removal
- Medical Centres & GPs
- Private Blood Tests
- Private Health Insurance
- Sleep Disorders
- Smoking & E-Cigarettes
- Sports Medicine
- STD's & STI's
(Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Tattoo Removal
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Glossary A-Z
- Latest UK Health News
SELECT A LOCATION