Scar Reduction Surgery Surgeons

Find Clinics offering Treatment for Scars in London & UK »

Scar reduction surgery is performed by a plastic surgeon, and is a very complex procedure.  Your surgeon will be very highly trained with good experience of scar surgeries.  All plastic surgeons have to initially train as a doctor, and then undertake extensive surgery training.  For plastic surgeons this includes further qualifications, allowing them to the practise as a cosmetic or plastic surgeon. 

Plastic surgeon qualifications for scar reduction surgery

Your surgeon will have the abbreviation FRCS (plast) after their name, thus indicating their affiliation with the plastic surgeons of the UK, as well as showing that they have passed relevant exams to qualify them to perform your surgery. 

Questions for your surgeon

If you are at all unsure as to your surgeons’ qualifications, then it is best to ask.  No reputable surgeon will mind talking you through their qualifications and experience in order to put you at ease about your surgery.  If you have no trust in your surgeon, then it is best for you to look for another.  Questions you could ask include:

  • Success rates
  • Number of similar operations performed per year
  • Further training
  • Seeing photographs of previous operations
  • Asking to be talked through alternatives to surgery and the risks associated with the surgery

At the end of the day, if you are not happy or confident with your surgeon, it is not a good idea to go ahead with the surgery.  You need to trust them completely in order to go ahead with your scar reduction surgery.  There are plenty of surgeons around, if in doubt, look elsewhere. 

« How to Reduce the Appearance of Scars Scar Reduction Surgery Consultation & Pre-operative Care »




UK Map