Ventolin Inhalers for Children
Breathing disorders in young children can sometimes be controlled with the use of a Ventolin inhaler. In this instance you may be interested in learning about the effects that it can have on your child and how they should be using it. This article details the differences in use of the Ventolin inhaler for youngsters and potential detrimental effects it may have.
How children should use the Ventolin inhaler
When a child is old enough he or she should be able to use the Ventolin inhaler with a spacer. The face mask used on a baby is no longer required. This is contingent on your child being able to understand and follow instructions on how to inhale the Ventolin inhaler vapour.
The spacer may still be required for a young child because it can sometimes be difficult for them to use an inhaler by itself. This can be due to the large amount of coordination needed to use a standard inhaler. It will also have the added benefit of helping to ensure that the full dose of medication reaches your child’s lungs.
Side effects of the Ventolin inhaler for children
The same side effects seen in adults can be found in a child using the Ventolin inhaler. It is important that you seek medical advice if any of them occur with especial urgency if it seems to be an allergic reaction as distinguished by swelling of the face or the development of a rash.
The most dangerous aspect of using a Ventolin inhaler for a child is the potential for unintentional overdosing. This can come about due to a lack of understanding by the child or confusion if multiple inhalers are being used. It is important that they know when and how often to use them to prevent overdose. Until this is achieved you should monitor your child when using any type of inhaler.
VENTOLIN INHALER INFORMATION
- BUYING A VENTOLIN INHALER
- Ventolin Delivery Systems
- Alternatives to the Ventolin Inhaler
- What is a Ventolin Inhaler?
- How to use the Ventolin Inhaler
- Benefits of using a Ventolin Inhaler
- Risks & Complications of the Ventolin Inhaler
- Ventolin Inhaler on Prescription
- How Often Should I Use a Ventolin Inhaler?
- Ventolin Inhaler & Alcohol
- Maintaining your Ventolin Inhaler
- Expiration of the Ventolin Inhaler
- Cost of the Ventolin Inhaler
- Asthma and the Ventolin Inhaler
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and the Ventolin Inhaler
- Cystic Fibrosis and the Ventolin Inhaler
- The Ventolin Inhaler for a Cough
- Ventolin Inhaler for Emergencies
- Where to go if you Need Ventolin Inhaler
- Further Information
UK HEALTH CENTRES
- Colonic Irrigation
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Dental Treatments
- Fertility Treatment
- Hair Transplants
- Harley Street
- Hearing Aids
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Laser Hair Removal
- Medical Centres & GPs
- Private Blood Tests
- Private Health Insurance
- Sleep Disorders
- Smoking & E-Cigarettes
- Sports Medicine
- STD's & STI's
(Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Tattoo Removal
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Glossary A-Z
- Latest UK Health News
SELECT A LOCATION