Prickly Hairs from Shaving
Shaving is quite an abrasive process. A blade is used to scrape hair off, albeit in as smooth a way as possible. Therefore it’s no surprise that there are some unwanted effects that may occur after shaving. One of these side effects includes the presence of prickly hair.
Why do I get prickly hairs from shaving?
Shaving can sometimes leave sharp tipped or jagged hairs behind, leaving a sandy or prickly feeling to the skin and very fine hairs that don’t seem to be easy to remove. Prickly hairs are often a form of stubble, and are an unfortunate part of shaving.
How can I avoid prickly hairs?
Preparing your skin for the closest, smoothest shave possible is the best way to avoid prickly hairs or stubble. Soften the hair before hand by applying a warm, wet towel to your skin. Then proceed to use a fresh, sharp blade moving with the grain if shaving on your face to avoid irritation, but adjusting the direction if shaving your legs or chest for example allows for a closer shave that’s smooth to the touch.
Consider trying a different razor if you’re finding that you often have prickly hair or stubble left over after shaving. Disposable razors for example tend to have rather poor blades that are stiffly fixed onto a cheap plastic handle, their design is not optimised for the closest and best possible shave. Permanent razors on the other hand tend to have more and higher quality blades, often arranged onto a swivelling head that adjusts to the many curves of your skin. The number of blades is not the only factor contributing to a fine shave, you should also choose a razor that has the thinnest possible blades as well.
If you have a persistent problem with prickly hair, you should consider an alternative to shaving. Using Nair hair removal creams for example dissolves hair without leaving a sharp or jagged tipped hair that is rough to the touch. Waxing removes hair from the roots, leaving your skin smooth and completely hair free. It has the added advantage of lasting longer than shaving as well.
Guide to Shaving Unwanted Hair
- Shaving Unwanted Hair
- Cuts with Shaving
- Razors for Women
- Razors for Men
- Shaving Gels, Foams & Shaving Creams
- How to Shave your Face
- How to Shave your Legs
- Shaving Chest Hair
- Shaving Bikini Line
- Does Hair Grow Thicker after Shaving?
- Does Hair Grow Faster after Shaving?
- Ingrown Hairs from Shaving
- Prickly Hairs from Shaving
- Teenagers Shaving
- Shaving a Baby’s Hair for Thicker Hair - Is it a Myth?
- Alternatives to Shaving as a method of Hair Removal
- BODY AREAS FOR LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- Face Laser Hair Removal (inc forehead)
- Chin Laser Hair Removal
- Neck Laser Hair Removal
- Arms Laser Hair Removal
- Bikini Laser Hair Removal
- Legs Laser Hair Removal
- Nipple Laser Hair Removal
- Shoulders Laser Hair Removal
- Underarms Laser Hair Removal
- Back Laser Hair Removal
- Stomach Laser Hair Removal
- Breasts Laser Hair Removal
- Mens Chest Laser Hair Removal
- Side Effects & Risks with Laser Hair Removal
- Discomfort & Pain with Laser Hair Removal
- Scarring with Laser Hair Removal
- Safety of Laser Hair Removal
- Legal Requirements for Carrying Out Laser Hair Removal
- Contraindications for Laser Hair Removal
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) Hair Removal
- How does IPL Hair Removal Work?
- Cost of IPL Hair Removal
- History and Background of IPL
- Why Choose IPL Hair Removal?
- Alternatives to IPL Hair Removal
- When is IPL Hair Removal Most Effective?
- IPL Hair Removal Session
- How Many IPL Sessions Will I Need?
- Suitability for IPL Hair Removal
- Risks, Complications, and Side Effects of IPL
- Is IPL Hair Removal Permanent?
- Is IPL Hair Removal Painful?
- Who Performs IPL Hair Removal?
- IPL & PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
- IPL at Home
- Laser Hair Removal Before & After
LASER HAIR REMOVAL INFORMATION
- LASER HAIR REMOVAL GUIDE
- Is Laser Hair Removal Permanent?
- Causes of Hair Re-growth After Laser Hair Removal Treatment
- Long Term Effects of Laser Hair Removal
- Repeat Sessions for Laser Hair Removal
- COST OF LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- Number of Laser Hair Removal Treatments Required
- Consultation for Laser Hair Removal
- Patch Tests for Laser Hair Removal
- Preparing for Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Hair Removal Procedure
- Removing Hair in-between Laser Hair Removal Treatments
- Laser Hair Removal of White/Blond Hair
- TYPES OF LASERS
- Types of Laser Hair Removal Machines
- Latest Developments & Research in Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Hair Removal Manufacturers
- Laser Hair Removal at Home
- Guide to Waxing Hair
- Shaving Unwanted Hair
- Further Information
UK HEALTH CENTRES
- Colonic Irrigation
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Dental Treatments
- Fertility Treatment
- Hair Transplants
- Harley Street
- Hearing Aids
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Laser Hair Removal
- Medical Centres & GPs
- Private Blood Tests
- Private Health Insurance
- Sleep Disorders
- Smoking & E-Cigarettes
- Sports Medicine
- STD's & STI's
(Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Tattoo Removal
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Glossary A-Z
- Latest UK Health News
SELECT A LOCATION