Chest & Shoulder Waxing for Men
Chest and shoulder waxing for men has become much more popular in recent years along with other beauty therapy treatments. One of the most common reasons for this is that the removal of the hair can make the chest look more defined and shapely which is desirable for those wanting to show off on the beach.
Chest waxing is not suitable for all men however, for instance those with diabetes or poor circulation who are advised to avoid the treatment as the skin can be more prone to infection. Like the waxing of other areas the waxing of chest hair can be performed at home or by a professional.
To perform the procedure at home the hair needs to be trimmed to a length of around ¼ inch, and should not be longer than ½ inch in length as hair longer than this is particularly painful to remove.The process for waxing the chest is the same as that for other body parts. Firstly the wax should be melted wither in the microwave or in a sturdy saucepan.
The application of the wax should be in the direction of hair growth, and made using a wooden spatula. Even application is important, and the wax should cover the hairs but should not be so thick that it will be difficult to remove. The wax can now be covered with the paper or fabric strips, and these smoothed in the direction of hair growth. A short tab should be left not stuck to the wax so that it can be easily held for the removal. Holding the skin taught with one hand the strips should be quickly but carefully pulled off in the opposite direction to hair growth. Pulling the strip directly across rather than up is advised as this both lessens the pain and improves the results. The same process can now be repeated for the other areas of the chest.
After removing any remaining wax with baby oil or wax remover a moisturising cream or soothing lotion can be applied to aid the healing process.
The same process can be used for shoulder waxing, although due to the position of the area the results may be more pleasing if another person is able to apply the wax and remove the strips for you.
Guide to Waxing your Hair
- Waxing Hair
- How Does Waxing Work?
- Leg Waxing
- Bikini Waxing
- Facial Waxing
- Chest & Shoulder Waxing for Men
- Cost of Hair Waxing
- Is Waxing Painful?
- Before Hair Waxing
- After Hair Waxing
- Ingrown Hairs from Waxing
- BODY AREAS FOR LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- Face Laser Hair Removal (inc forehead)
- Chin Laser Hair Removal
- Neck Laser Hair Removal
- Arms Laser Hair Removal
- Bikini Laser Hair Removal
- Legs Laser Hair Removal
- Nipple Laser Hair Removal
- Shoulders Laser Hair Removal
- Underarms Laser Hair Removal
- Back Laser Hair Removal
- Stomach Laser Hair Removal
- Breasts Laser Hair Removal
- Mens Chest Laser Hair Removal
- Side Effects & Risks with Laser Hair Removal
- Discomfort & Pain with Laser Hair Removal
- Scarring with Laser Hair Removal
- Safety of Laser Hair Removal
- Legal Requirements for Carrying Out Laser Hair Removal
- Contraindications for Laser Hair Removal
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) Hair Removal
- How does IPL Hair Removal Work?
- Cost of IPL Hair Removal
- History and Background of IPL
- Why Choose IPL Hair Removal?
- Alternatives to IPL Hair Removal
- When is IPL Hair Removal Most Effective?
- IPL Hair Removal Session
- How Many IPL Sessions Will I Need?
- Suitability for IPL Hair Removal
- Risks, Complications, and Side Effects of IPL
- Is IPL Hair Removal Permanent?
- Is IPL Hair Removal Painful?
- Who Performs IPL Hair Removal?
- IPL & PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
- IPL at Home
- Laser Hair Removal Before & After
LASER HAIR REMOVAL INFORMATION
- LASER HAIR REMOVAL GUIDE
- Is Laser Hair Removal Permanent?
- Causes of Hair Re-growth After Laser Hair Removal Treatment
- Long Term Effects of Laser Hair Removal
- Repeat Sessions for Laser Hair Removal
- COST OF LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- Number of Laser Hair Removal Treatments Required
- Consultation for Laser Hair Removal
- Patch Tests for Laser Hair Removal
- Preparing for Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Hair Removal Procedure
- Removing Hair in-between Laser Hair Removal Treatments
- Laser Hair Removal of White/Blond Hair
- TYPES OF LASERS
- Types of Laser Hair Removal Machines
- Latest Developments & Research in Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Hair Removal Manufacturers
- Laser Hair Removal at Home
- Guide to Waxing Hair
- Shaving Unwanted Hair
- Further Information
UK HEALTH CENTRES
- Colonic Irrigation
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Dental Treatments
- Fertility Treatment
- Hair Transplants
- Harley Street
- Hearing Aids
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Laser Hair Removal
- Medical Centres & GPs
- Private Blood Tests
- Private Health Insurance
- Sleep Disorders
- Smoking & E-Cigarettes
- Sports Medicine
- STD's & STI's
(Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Tattoo Removal
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Glossary A-Z
- Latest UK Health News
SELECT A LOCATION