Leg waxing can be performed either at home, or by a professional at a health spa or salon. For the treatment to be effective the hair needs to be at least ¼ inch in length. If the hair is shorter than this then only shaving will be appropriate.
Waxing the legs at home will be cheaper than visiting a salon, however it can be a difficult process, especially when trying to cover the back of the upper legs and other difficult to reach areas. In general you can expect the waxing of both legs to take around 2 hours. The results of the home waxing can be inferior for this reason, as the likelihood of missing hairs or breaking them to a short, bristly length is much greater and therefore the results may not last as long before the hairs become visible again.
The waxing at home process begins with the application of a pre-wax cleanser to the legs before a fine powder is applied. This helps the wax to adhere to the skin. Secondly the wax is heated, before being applied to the skin using a wooden stick in the direction of the hair growth. The wax should cover the hairs, but the wax should be used sparingly to ensure that it can be effectively removed.
Now the strip is applied, leaving enough free fabric to firmly grasp a hold of for the next step. The removal of the strip should be done in the opposite direction to the hair growth, and is most effective, and less painful, if performed quickly. This process should be repeated on the remaining areas of the leg.
After the waxing, tweezers can be used to clear up any hairs missed by the waxing and then any remaining wax washed off the skin using baby oil. An after wax lotion can then be applied to soothe the skin.
A professional can usually wax both legs within an hour, and the results often last longer as they have experience and are more able to reach all areas of the legs.
Guide to Waxing your Hair
- Waxing Hair
- How Does Waxing Work?
- Leg Waxing
- Bikini Waxing
- Facial Waxing
- Chest & Shoulder Waxing for Men
- Cost of Hair Waxing
- Is Waxing Painful?
- Before Hair Waxing
- After Hair Waxing
- Ingrown Hairs from Waxing
- BODY AREAS FOR LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- Face Laser Hair Removal (inc forehead)
- Chin Laser Hair Removal
- Neck Laser Hair Removal
- Arms Laser Hair Removal
- Bikini Laser Hair Removal
- Legs Laser Hair Removal
- Nipple Laser Hair Removal
- Shoulders Laser Hair Removal
- Underarms Laser Hair Removal
- Back Laser Hair Removal
- Stomach Laser Hair Removal
- Breasts Laser Hair Removal
- Mens Chest Laser Hair Removal
- Side Effects & Risks with Laser Hair Removal
- Discomfort & Pain with Laser Hair Removal
- Scarring with Laser Hair Removal
- Safety of Laser Hair Removal
- Legal Requirements for Carrying Out Laser Hair Removal
- Contraindications for Laser Hair Removal
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) Hair Removal
- How does IPL Hair Removal Work?
- Cost of IPL Hair Removal
- History and Background of IPL
- Why Choose IPL Hair Removal?
- Alternatives to IPL Hair Removal
- When is IPL Hair Removal Most Effective?
- IPL Hair Removal Session
- How Many IPL Sessions Will I Need?
- Suitability for IPL Hair Removal
- Risks, Complications, and Side Effects of IPL
- Is IPL Hair Removal Permanent?
- Is IPL Hair Removal Painful?
- Who Performs IPL Hair Removal?
- IPL & PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
- IPL at Home
- Laser Hair Removal Before & After
LASER HAIR REMOVAL INFORMATION
- LASER HAIR REMOVAL GUIDE
- Is Laser Hair Removal Permanent?
- Causes of Hair Re-growth After Laser Hair Removal Treatment
- Long Term Effects of Laser Hair Removal
- Repeat Sessions for Laser Hair Removal
- COST OF LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- Number of Laser Hair Removal Treatments Required
- Consultation for Laser Hair Removal
- Patch Tests for Laser Hair Removal
- Preparing for Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Hair Removal Procedure
- Removing Hair in-between Laser Hair Removal Treatments
- Laser Hair Removal of White/Blond Hair
- TYPES OF LASERS
- Types of Laser Hair Removal Machines
- Latest Developments & Research in Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Hair Removal Manufacturers
- Laser Hair Removal at Home
- Guide to Waxing Hair
- Shaving Unwanted Hair
- Further Information
UK HEALTH CENTRES
- Colonic Irrigation
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Dental Treatments
- Fertility Treatment
- Hair Transplants
- Harley Street
- Hearing Aids
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Laser Hair Removal
- Medical Centres & GPs
- Private Blood Tests
- Private Health Insurance
- Sleep Disorders
- Smoking & E-Cigarettes
- Sports Medicine
- STD's & STI's
(Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Tattoo Removal
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Glossary A-Z
- Latest UK Health News
SELECT A LOCATION